There are few things worse than being charged with a DUI, as a DUI can have several significant and far-reaching impacts. That being said, if you’ve been charged with a second DUI within 10 years, you simply cannot afford to proceed without an experienced Red Bluff criminal lawyer. Our firm has fought on behalf of countless individuals in your situation, and we are prepared to fight for you as well. Read on and reach out to our experienced firm to learn more about these charges and how we can assist you. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are the penalties for a second DUI in California?
Unfortunately, if you are convicted of a second DUI within 10 years of your first DUI, you can expect to face even harsher penalties than the first. For a second DUI in California, you may face the following penalties:
- You will face a mandatory minimum of 10 days of incarceration
- Up to 1 year of incarceration
- You will face a potential $2,500 fine
- You will have to complete a court-approved DUI school
- You will most likely have to install the ignition interlock device in your vehicle
- Your driver’s license will be suspended
The bottom line is that if you are convicted of a second DUI in the state of California, you cannot afford to proceed without the legal assistance of an attorney who can fight your charges at every turn. Our firm is here to help you today.
Potential Defenses Against DUI Charges
Fortunately, with a seasoned Red Bluff criminal lawyer on your side, there is a wide array of potential defenses you will have at your disposal. Depending on the conditions of your arrest, we may use any of the following defenses:
- The officer did not have reasonable suspicion to stop you
- The officer improperly administered a field sobriety test
- The office improperly administered a breathalyzer test
- The breathalyzer was improperly calibrated or otherwise not working correctly
If you have any further questions about second offense DUIs in California, or you need a competent attorney who can fight your charges, please do not hesitate to reach out to Cohen Criminal Law today. Our legal team is prepared to fight for you, every step of the way.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED TEHAMA COUNTY FIRM
Here at Cohen Criminal Law, we believe that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Our mission is to defend your rights, and we are committed to that mission. We will be your number one advocate through every step of the process. Attorney Cohen has fought on behalf of those charged with crimes and traffic violations for over 30 years, and he is ready to fight for you, too. Contact Cohen Criminal Law today to schedule your free initial consultation with our firm.