People who are facing criminal charges are also facing a very uncertain future. This is because if they are convicted, they can face a variety of charges that have the power to significantly impact their future. It is because of this that it is important to retain the services of an experienced Red Bluff criminal lawyer who can protect them from jail time and a criminal record.
What to Look for in a Criminal Lawyer
When looking for the right attorney to handle your case, it can be beneficial to keep the following in mind:
- Does the attorney have experience in criminal law? One of the first steps in searching for the right attorney for your case is to be sure their specialty is criminal law. There are many different types of attorneys in the world. Cohen Criminal Law handles different criminal law matters, such as drug possession, DUI charges, domestic violence, juvenile crimes, gun crimes, white-collar crimes, and much more.
- How knowledgeable is your attorney? The process of hiring an attorney begins with an initial consultation. During this time, the attorney should be able to answer your questions in a timely and insightful manner that you are able to understand. You should feel that your attorney understands the workings of your case before you decide to hire them.
- Does the attorney have good reviews? It is simple to find reviews for just about anything online these days. Doing research on an attorney ahead of time can help you to find positive experiences that people have had with them in addition to cases similar to yours. Cohen Criminal Law has a 5-star rating and several ratings on Google.
- Is your attorney familiar with the local court system? Criminal law in the state of California does not change, but a courtroom or judge in one town can work differently than another. That is why it is best to find an attorney who has worked in these courtrooms with the judges presiding on your case. Cohen Criminal Law has served clients all throughout Tehama County.
- Is your attorney responsive? Are you comfortable with them? Criminal charges are a serious matter that should be treated as such. This is why it is crucial that you trust your attorney to dedicate themselves to your case. This includes having open and consistent communication between one another throughout the entire case.
If you believe that our firm is right for you, do not hesitate to reach out to Cohen Criminal Law today so that we can provide you with the best possible defense for your case.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED TEHAMA COUNTY FIRM
Attorney Cohen has fought on behalf of those charged with crimes and traffic violations for over 30 years, and he is ready to fight for you, too. Contact Cohen Criminal Law today to schedule your free initial consultation with our firm.